Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud reported that the Prophet Muhammad said,
“Everything has an adornment, and the adornment of the Qur’an is Surah ar Rahman” [Bayhaqi in Shuab al Eiman]
Surat Ar Rahman consist of 78 ayat (verses), revealed in Madinah after surat Ar Ra’du.
It was named “Ar Rahman” (The Beneficent) from the word “Ar Rahman” in the opening of this surat. “Ar Rahman” is one of The Attributes of Allah SWT.
Surat Ar Rahman is about :
- It mentioned every kind of Allah SWT’s countless blessings and favors on us, which are spread over this entire universe; and are not confined merely to this world but also go far beyond these physical boundaries into the eternal life of the hereafter.
- Every creatures (include trees, plants, animals, etc,) submit to Allah SWT and all of them will be perished except Allah SWT.
- This world and its nature is Allah SWT’s blessing to mankind.
- Man are created from clay, jinn are created from fire.
- The obligation to measure, to weigh in, equitably.
- Man and jinn can not escape from Allah SWT’s Power. Many of us do not thankful to Allah’s Blessings.